RP Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RP Table

Private Forum our Weekend RPs

Peter's Stats and Character

Peter Wilson
    Peter Wilson
    Strategist

Peter's Stats and Character Empty Peter's Stats and Character

Post by Peter Wilson Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:04 am

CHARACTER NAMELEVELCLASSRACEALIGNMENTEXP
    NAMESTATMODSKILLS
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    ARMOR CLASS=DEXTERITY MODIFIER+ARMOR+SHIELD+MISC
    Proficiency BonusMAX HPINITIATIVESPEED
    SPELLCASTING ABILITYSPELL SAVE DCSPELL ATTACK BONUS
    WEAPONTYPERANGEATTACK BONUSDAMAGE
    FEATSFEATURES
    NAMEEFFECT
    NAMEEFFECT
    MONEYINVENTORYSTORAGE
    CPSPGPPP

Back Story:

"We are your people. This is your home" they whispered. "Yes," he replied, submissively. "Yes", he replied again, himself.

Some remember a king of a small village of Rock Gnomes, famous for its meats and clocks. The king was a good ruler, coming from a long line of equally fair and benevolent rulers. People also remember of his death. One year, many years ago, he set out to a large city nearby, founded and lived in by tree gnomes. He saught to reward a cleric in the city who had done his town a great service by disposing of a shade that had been haunting the outskirts of his town. The day he arrived, the whole city was mysteriously slaughtered. The city ran red with blood. Corpses lined the streets. In one afternoon the whole city was silenced. Since then, few have ventured back into the city. Some great beast may have made its new home there, but at least the place is cursed. Those who look at it from afar see the bleached white bones dotting the streets.

Though nobody knows it, not even himself, the king survived.

A blast of sound, something akin to a mountain splitting, engulfed the calm city as the king and his guards made their way through the streets. Roofs shook, windows shattered, and shouts of surprise and fear erupted all over the town. Then the screams began.
    "Get into the building sire! Find a place to hide" shouted the captain of the gaurds, shoving the king into the church, following after him. Pushing him down a set of stairs, he opened a door.
    "Get in here and lock the door. Don't come out until we knock thrice"
    He shut the door and the king barred it from the inside. Not moments later, the gutteral screams of the guards could be heard. Then, nothing but the faded dying screams of those left in the streets. Blood seeped under the door as the king retreated to the back of the room, shaking in fear. Moments passed. Minutes passed. The silence pressed in. Anxious and fearful, the king fumbled around in the poorly lit room and took a look at his surroundings. He was in a crypt, lit by an enchanted orb in the ceiling. There was blood pooled at the foot of the door, and the crypt went on for a about a hundred meters before ending abruptly. Rather than a room, he was in a long hallway.
    Searching the crypt, he found some food offerings, coins, and a large assortment of small but meaningless objects.
    The silence pressed in on him. With nothing to do, and the terror of what occurred he fumbled with the objects and began tinkering, seeking to calm his mind.
    He tinkered in the silence.
    Minutes passed. Hours passed.
    "The food is all gone. You must find more." The hallway whispered to him.
    He looked up and down the silent hall.
    The voice was right, but how could that be? Rousing himself from his pile of toys and mechanical trivialities, he moved toward the door, noting with some confusion the rusty stain at the bottom.
    Opening the door, he rose from the basement, feeling sick at the sight of the half decayed bodies. Part of him felt sad, but he wasn't sure why. He knew them of course, but who were they? "There's no time for this nonsense," he reasoned with himself, "I must get food."
    Cautiously, the king peeked outside through the broken windows. Arms, legs, torsoes, and skulls  all rotted in the street. The king stealthily crept to a house and entered quickly locating unspoiled food. Frantically but intelligently, he packed the food away and ran as fast as he could back to his safe haven. Slamming the door shut, he chewed on the dried meat he found, dismayed at the taste, but relieved by its sustenance.
    And so he returned to his trinkets, eager to pass the time until he knew it was safe to escape the accursed city.
    "But... this is your home," whispered the hallway.
    "No," rebutted the king sternly but somewhat unassuredly. "This is not my home"
    "Forget your crafts. Open your mind and become our king."
    "I am a king! You may serve me if you wish but you are not my people.."
    "No. We are your people but you are not yet our king..." the hallway stopped speaking and the silence pressed in.
    He looked around.
    "What have you done with my food!?" Shouted the king at the hallway, incensed. " Do you wish for me to die at the hands of who knows what out there?!"
    His voice echoed, but there was no response, no noise. Stumbling over his piles of works and toys, he opened the door, satisfied to see the light grey bones on the stairs and, on his careful and cautious inspection of the church and streets, everywhere else as well. But among the grey and white he noticed a small mound of color. Curious, he moved forward to inspect, but started at the sight at a gnome with a pack and a large sword, bending over a skull with a golden tooth.
    "What are you doing here?" Questioned the king in a loud voice.
    The gnome started, and raised his sword. "It's mine!"
    The gnome lunged at the king, but before he could get close enough, the was a small boom like thunder and a dark flash, and the man flew against a wall, breaking his neck and impaling himself with his own sword.
    Unmoved by the events, the king went over to the gnome and searched him, finding a reasonable amount of food and some small amounts of money and gold. Without a thought, he returned to his crypt and enjoyed a light meal.
    "To kill is nothing. In death, we serve you. This is your home." The bones whispered.
    "And I am your king." The gnome responded.

Having finished his meal, the king rose from the basement, the but was surprised to find the people who littered the streets to be gone, and a small group of beings to be camped in the center of the city. Some were tall and very gnarled and others a more reasonable height and hairy. Some were gnomes and some seemed to be human. Approaching the group, the king asked in a strong voice, "What business do you have here?"
    After a brief moment of tension, the group relaxed on seeing the source of the voice.
    "Ach, yeh scared me," yelled the leader in a friendly voice. "Come join us!"
    "What's your nem" One asked, making room for the gnome at the fire.
    "Name?" The king repeated, confused.
    "Yeah, who are yeh" the leader asked, clearly unconcerned.
    Imaged flashed through the kings mind. Bones. Murder. Fear. None were right.
    "Bobble, I think"
    "Alright Bobble.  Where are yeh headed? Yeh can join us if yeh like."
    "I'm not sure." Replied Bobble, thinking hard. "But I'm supposed to be somewhere"
    "Well yer free to join us till you decide where yeh are headed."
    "Join them for now," a voice whispered. "You must find the the great ones' bones, my king. Take your throne."

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:13 am